The world’s highest quality book scanner.
The DT BC100, the fastest and most powerful book capture system from DTDCH. Hand built in the USA, the BC100 utilizes two camera systems to nearly double normal digitization output and quality. Complete with a pneumatic book cradle and easy to use workflow, the BC100 offers 100% protection to the original material.
Fast & Versatile
The DT BC100 is simple, it is a Dual Camera Book Capture System with incredible rates of capture, much higher than book scanners.
Up to 30 times faster than legacy book scanners.
Capable of shooting bound and loose materials, including works on paper, serials including newspapers, loose manuscripts, photos, and drawings.
Built for the Future
Digital Camera Heads meet preservation grade imaging standard including FAGDI 4-star and METAMORFOZE-Strict guidelines featuring a 100° glass platen enables the digitization of up to 6″ bindings and page sizes up to 17″ x 24” or A2 size per side.
Our motto is do it once, do it right.
- Dual Camera Book Capture System with incredible rates of capture much higher than book scanners. Up to 30 times faster than other book scanners.
- Capable of shooting bound and loose materials, including works on paper, serials including newspapers, loose manuscripts, photos, and drawings, etc.
- Digital Camera Heads meet preservation grade imaging standard including the FAGDI 4-star and METAMORFOZE-Strict guidelines.
- 100° glass platen enables the digitization of up to 6″ bindings and page sizes larger than 17″ x 24” or A2 size per side
- Software delivers preservation grade TIFFs, JPEGs, and PDFSs in RGB, grayscale, and CMYK modes. Open Source Raw and DNG also supported.
- The BC100 is the only true 48 bit system on the market.
- Its open platform design allows the camera and capture device to be upgraded.
- Cross platform compatibility with our DT RCam Reprographic Camera for increased versatility.
- Variable resolution options available.
- Durable design for years of uninterrupted, reliable use.
- Easy to operate.
DT BC100 Specs
Materials: Frame is made from black anodized extruded aluminum, custom brackets are made from black anodized aircraft grade aluminum.
Overall Dimensions: 7’H x 6’5″W x 5’D
Footprint: 6’W x 5’D
Glass Platen Dimensions: 24.9″ x 17.48″ on each side
Book Binding Limitations: 6″ binding
Working Table Height: 30″
Accessory & Monitor Shelf Dimensions: Side shelves are 19″ x 34″ black laminate
Compressor: .5 HP with a 6.3 gallon tank
Operating Voltage: Compressor Power Requirements: 115V/50-60Hz
Operating DB Level: Compress -40 dB
Power: Supplied with two 8 outlet 15 Amp power strips
Feet: Four leveling and dampening retractable casters
Lighting: LED Lighting Included
Camera Mounts: 3″ quick release plate
Crated Weight: 1225 lbs (Large Crate: 960 lbs; Small Crate: 260 lbs)
- Advanced Rare Book Module
- Custom & Specialized Targets
- Book Scanner Form Factors
- Cable Management